Total Pageviews

Monday, April 9, 2012

RS Your Choice: Countrywide


This blog post is in response to the podcast “A Friday Podcast: A Former Mortgage Exec Speaks Out” published by Planet Money on March 16, 2011.

Oh, Countrywide Insurance. Its companies like you that make me afraid of corporate life. Where do I even begin? Not only is it completely wrong to make sure that a person whom you recruit to work for you sign onto a questionable mortgage by your company, locking her into a home for seven years, but to have her complete a survey report about your company and then completely change it before it reaches the hands of the upper most crust of Countrywide is just unethical. Why change it? Was it because you didn’t want anyone to know about how unhappy your employees really were? Or was it really that you didn’t want word to get out that there was blatant fraud practiced in many areas of your company? And why set up a “anonymous hotline” for employees to have a safe place to voice their concerns and then fire them after they report any misconduct? Just to say you have one? Or is it so that you could “weed out” the bad apples who are actually concerned.


First things first, if I was running a mortgage company I would give my employees the best possible mortgage agreement with lowest interest rates. They’re going to be working for me, and they are unhappy at home why would they be happy at the job they moved to that home to work for.  Second, if I hire someone to completel a survey, I want to know what the results really are. I want to know why people feel the way they do and how we can fix it. I want to know if there is questionable activity happening in my company because my name, my brand is at stake. And lastly, I would never set up a so called “anonymous hotline” and take advantage of it. If I was trying to sell my company to a bigger bank, I would go about it truthfully making sure they knew exactly what they were getting themselves into, because I would want exactly the same done to me.
Not important enough, i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment